Thursday, September 4, 2014

august reads



I used to read all the time. There were always books in my purse, in the car, on the night stand. All waiting for me to finish one and move on to the next. Then I got lazy. I started spending more and more time surfing the internet and zoning out in front our television. A few months ago I realized it had probably been close to a year since I read a book. That's an embarrassing confession! Last  month I rediscovered the joy of my library card and I managed to read seven books-can we say amen to the babe sleeping through the night!

My favorite of the bunch was Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith. This was actually written by JK Rowling under a pen name. Please tell me I'm not the only that didn't know this. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy a good mystery-Agatha Christie is my jam!-and this was a good one. I think I read over the course of two nights. It's an easy and engaging read.  

My least favorite was After I'm Gone by Laura Lippman. It's not a terrible book. I actually breezed through it in a few days but by the end of the month I'd forgotten that I read it. So, yeah, I didn't hate it but I didn't like it enough for it to make any sort of impression.

 I've picked out some interesting books for September that I can't wait to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment